You have to be sure of what you want and clearly define your goals. This is where SMART thinking comes into play:
- specific - what do you want to achieve?
- measurable - how do you know if you've achieved it?
- attainable - are you capable? how will you achieve it?
- reason - why do you want to achieve this goal?
- time - when do you want to achieve this goal?
Through clarity, a plan is devised. You know how capable you are, so think about that when setting your goals - they shouldn't be too easy for you, or too hard.